Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Turkey Day!

Happy Turkey Day!  Nothing says Thanksgiving like turkey cookies, right?  (As I had to explain to my classmates:  they're turkey-shaped, not turkey-flavored!) 

We had an afternoon full of family and food.  I was responsible for cranberry sauce and green bean casserole (with the cookies thrown in).  I used the cranberry sauce recipe Granny Rae gave me last year and took the green bean casserole recipe from a magazine. 

I'd definitely add twice as many green beans next time.  The recipe called for "8 cups."  I guess I was supposed to mash them down and pack in as many green beans as I could into those 8 cups?  Eh, at least they tasted good.


My mouth is watering looking back at these pictures, and I didn't even bring the pies!
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving with family and friends.  I'm thankful for all of mine, that's for sure!



No comments:

Post a Comment