Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Sketch Crawl

On a recent BEAUTIFUL Saturday I went to my first Sketch Crawl in downtown Fort Worth.  In case you don't know what that is, picture a bunch of people scattering around town, drawing or painting for two hours, and meeting up again to admire each other's work.

My sister came with me and we were joined later by Heather and Bear.  Emily wanted to sketch the Flatiron building so we trekked across town and set up our supplies so we could get to work.  


I decided to force myself out of my comfort zone (the ability to erase!) and sketch in pen.  I'd picked up some waterproof pens and mixed media paper that morning because I wasn't sure if I'd be sketching or painting.  

The Flatiron was sketched:

  
The pretty church whose name I forgot to check got sketched AND water colored: 


When it was time to meet up at the Plaza we all set out our pieces and admired the unique views of town.  


We had such a great time!  Come join us on the last Saturday of the month.  The Sketchers meet at the new Plaza on Main at 2:30 in the afternoon.


Adi

No comments:

Post a Comment