Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Let there be (more) light!

I saw a project on Pinterest that promised to triple the light coming from my Christmas tree.  It looked easy enough so I gave it a try.  


Start with 6 inch strips of ribbon that match your decor.  Pick up a couple of packages of tiny craft mirrors (mine had 25 per bag).  The last things you'll need are a hot glue gun and extra glue sticks.  
 

Put a dab of glue on the back of one of the mirrors.  Press the ribbon onto it: 


And put another dab of glue on top of that:

 
Quickly press another mirror piece into the glue so you have an ornament with mirrors on either side.  


I made 25 of these mini medals.  



Here's the before:


 And after:


I think "three times the sparkle!" is over exaggerating a bit but when strategically placed deep in the tree next to lights the shine is definitely increased.  I think this one was worth it.  Easy enough!

Adi

1 comment: