Sunday, January 25, 2015

Easy cake decorating idea: sprinkle cake!

The tip for today is a quick one:  use sprinkles to spell out your message!

sprinkle cake

I made this cake for a coworker's promotion.  She loves yellow so that, of course, needed to be the base color.  I had a hard time picking another color to go with it (I was making it the night before and didn't want any other icing colors to bleed into the yellow).  I looked through my sprinkle collection and found a big jar of stars, but this could work with any kind of sprinkle, or even small candies!

It took me some trial and error to get the spacing right on the message but it came together nicely.  I wrote out the message and went back in to fill in any gaps on the letters, since the lighter colors like yellow and orange were harder to see and made the letters look a little shaky.  It need more flair than just the word so I added some stars (made of stars, haha!) and then a border. 

Quick, cute, and a simple way to spell out your message!

Adi

No comments:

Post a Comment