Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Who's falling down now???

Aww, my little old mailbox:

mailbox


                                     
 









It was such a cute idea:  a little house to mimic the storybook house we live in.  Unfortunately, by the time we got it the poor thing was tilted over to the side and falling apart.  We left it alone for a month or so before we pulled the front of it off and, lo and behold, there was a giant wasp nest up in the top of it...where I had been blindly reaching in to grab the mail...GULP!

Despite its quirks I found it charming, even with the teasing from anyone else who saw it.  It was sturdy enough, right?  This reasoning was okay until we started to notice that cards were getting opened before we could get to them.  Someone was viewing our fragile little front door-less house mailbox as fair game, and that's where I had to give in and bring in something a little more substantial. 

We went to Home Depot and Lowe's and tested out all of the locking mailboxes, and by test I mean I stuck my hand down into all of them pretending to steal mail.  There was only ONE that I couldn't get my girly little hand down into so that's how we chose the winner. 

Adam put most of it together by the time I got home from work the next day so all that was left was to drill the holes into the post and secure the box.  He even painted the post white and offered to put a roof onto this box to make it cute like the old one (or least as cute as it must have been back in the day).  We'll see about the roof thing.


                                

mailbox


                                 


Much more secure, and not nearly as slanty!

Adi

No comments:

Post a Comment