Friday, July 15, 2011

It's finished!

It's finally finished!  I've been working on this cami for over a year (off and on, of course) and it's finally done! 


It all started when I saw this pattern:



in this book:



The original pattern called for the same front and back pieces attached at the sides and straps.  I didn't like that, so I made the back straight across (like this):



I also changed the flowers that were scattered over the front of the cami in the pattern.  I wanted to learn to do a shell border, so thanks to an informative YouTube video by a very pleasant, patient-sounding woman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glY3IRbk9Xw) I was able to add a scalloped edge.


I've worked on this thing for so long that I'm not sure which direction to go next.  Sweater?  Casserole carrier?  Blankets?  Hat?  Hmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment