Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Victorian Home Tour: Entry and Dining Room

This post is the first in a new series, Victorian Home Tour.  I can't get enough resources that feature decorating a Victorian home so I wanted to add to the collection for the next person who buys a dollhouse. :)  I've posted some pictures but this is going to be a fairly comprehensive look at the befores and afters.  Let's start at the beginning:  the entryway!

The Entryway

Before

entry

Ick.  Dingy, stained wallpaper and lots of holes...not so inviting!

The closet under the stairs:

entry

After

My adorable handyman:

entry

Pretty new tile:

entry

entry

A cool, inviting, textured gray-blue:

entry

entry

The decorating hasn't happened yet, but there's no hurry.  We like it better already!

The Dining Room

Before

the Victorian

Mauvelous.

The walls were covered with sand texture that would scratch you big-time if you so much as brushed up against it.  It had to go.  So, handy Adi spent one evening sanding down the walls.

the Victorian

Victorian

Our contractor started the new texture work:

Victorian

which leads us to:

After

dining room

I was going for a French country look.  I don't think I made it.  This is the one room in the house where the colors on the tiny cards were misleading and I think I may be altering these colors sometime in the future.  I plan to make curtains for the windows, which could help, but it could really go more butter than lemon on top and more navy than whatever shade matches painter's tape on the bottom.  

dining room

I love the natural lighting but it's not doing me any favors on the color combo.  Hey, look, it's the unity candle holder from our wedding that was once a Halloween decoration that may dad changed from black to white!

dining room

We chose many colors throughout the house--we pretty much covered the rainbow.  Stay tuned each week as we go through a new room (or two) of the Victorian!

No comments:

Post a Comment