Sunday, January 12, 2014

Barbecue casserole

Tonight we shared my favorite meal with our youth group kids:  barbecue casserole!  Don't let the word "casserole" scare you.  It's the meal I always requested for my birthday when I was growing up!  It has four ingredients so it's a snap to make:


-2 cans of crescent rolls 
-1 lb of ground beef
-1 cup of barbecue sauce
-1 cup of cheese

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and heat up a pizza/baking stone while it warms.  Cook a pound of ground beef and drain the grease.  


Reduce heat and add the cup of barbecue sauce (or eyeball it).  


Funny story:  When Adam and I were dating I wanted to cook him a special dinner.  I tried to remember this recipe and wound up using a whole bottle of sauce.  It turned out, um, saucy.

Stir the meat and sauce together until coated.  Let those two mingle while you prepare the rolls.


Take the stone out of the oven and roll out one tube of crescent rolls.  


Pour the saucy meat down the middle of it, leaving room on all sides.  Top with cheese (you can eyeball this, too).


Fold up the sides as much as you can without splitting the seams of the dough.


Use the other can of crescent rolls to cover the gaps.  Leftover triangles of dough get rolled up and placed in the corners!


Bake for 20-25 minutes until slightly brown and flaky.  Remove from oven and cut.  I like to use a pizza wheel and cut down the middle, then across it about three times.  


Cheesy, melty, meaty, flaky deliciousness!

Adi

No comments:

Post a Comment