Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Spiffed-up Calendar

As much as I use the calendar on my iPhone there is just something about a paper planner that I like a little better.  I don't know if it's the ability to grab a nearby pen and start jotting a note instead of swiping through apps or if it's taking me back to elementary school with its invitation of an open page waiting for my creative spin.  Whatever the reason may be, I like to get a planner for some things at the beginning of the year. 

If you've waited until now the calendar selection will be pretty picked over.  I like the ones they sell at the dollar spot at Target because they are big enough pages but thin enough to throw in a bag with other stuff.  Here's the original cover of the one I picked (pretty enough on its own!):


If you come across one that is not-so-cute but still functional and super-on-sale then go for it anyway.  I still have a couple of calendars I liked from last year with some great pictures. 


As you can see I have a thing for cupcakes!

This was a big calendar with some huge close-ups of pretty desserts.  I took apart the old calendar and slipped the new calendar out of its plastic cover (another plus for the Target dollar planners!).  Use the new planner to trace onto two of your favorite pages from the old calendar.  Cut them out and stick them on the new planner (I used those little scrapbooking double-sided adhesive squares).  Then slide the planner back into the cover:



I used one last year to track my cupcake sales.  Sometimes you just need something pretty to trick you into doing mundane tasks (or is that just me?).  This year's calendar is what I use to plan my blog posts.  It's nice to see things a month at a time so I can work on themes and series.  How could you use a cute calendar this year?

Adi



No comments:

Post a Comment