Sunday, April 26, 2015

Make your own ranch seasoning mix

When I found out how easy this is, I felt silly for buying packets of ranch seasoning for all these years.  I bought new dried herbs and seasonings so I could make a lot.

Here's what you'll need:

homemade ranch seasoning mix

-black pepper
-onion powder
-parsley flakes
-dill
-garlic powder
-dried onions or shallots

Here's the standard recipe (to make about 2 packets' worth):

Measure out 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, 1 teaspoon each of dried onions, onion powder, and garlic powder, and 1 tablespoon each of dill and parsley.  Mix it all up in a container and that's it!

How much you make depends on how much you want!  I wanted to make quite a bit so the way I went about this was to quadruple each measurement which got me through about half of each container, and then I repeated the process 1-2 measurements at a time, being careful to stay consistent with the multiplier (always doubling measurements that round, or making single measurements if I see that the herb containers are getting low).

I think it helps to lay it out like this, so you don't confuse the measurements for each item.  Now you're able to do this like an assembly line!

homemade ranch seasoning mix

I keep mine in one of those nice, latching, super-airtight containers--that way, I can shake it to mix it up without being afraid the lid will pop off!

homemade ranch seasoning mix

Here's what it looks like when it's ready:

homemade ranch seasoning mix

Isn't that easy?  It can be used to make ranch dip for veggies, to season chicken, or even mixed in with ground beef for some flavorful burgers!  How do you use ranch seasoning?

Adi

No comments:

Post a Comment