Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Victorian Home Tour: Laundry Room, Supply Closet, and Half Bath

Welcome to the laundry room!

laundry room

It used to look like this

laundry room

laundry room

Not anymore!  We traded the old refrigerator that came with the house for painting this room and one other.

laundry room

Then, we added our own spin on it:  my sweet husband added a drying rack for me (my parents had gotten me an expandable clothes hook for my tall closet, which works great for this!), and then we added the bubble decals around the room!

laundry room

Since we have a full size fridge and freezer in the kitchen there is no need to put another one here, although it is a nice setup for one.  Instead, this became the dog area, where we store their leashes, toys, and food & water.

laundry room

The supply closet is actually a water heater closet that was suddenly opened up when we switched out the old heater for a tankless one.  Now, we have room for our cleaning supplies, vacuum, ironing board, and a ladder!

supply closet

 The half bath was already cool because it has a pocket door--you know, the kind that slides into the wall?  It just needed some help.

Before:

The dizzying print on the wallpaper needed to go, and we thought we could do better than the existing light fixture.  I also had other ideas for the mirror.  One thing that had to stay:  that pedestal sink!  This was the perfect place to go all-out Victorian.

guest bath

half bath

The light blue is nice for a little bathroom.  We changed the light fixture to something really frilly and more Victorian.  I also repainted a brass mirror that belonged to my great-grandparents so I love it twice as much for that reason.

half bath

One of the things I loved about the house was the big swan on the master bathtub.  So, one time when I had to go out of town for work, my sweet husband surprised me by installing another swan fixture!  This one has little swan handles, too!

half bath

This house is coming together!

Adi


No comments:

Post a Comment