Sunday, April 5, 2015

Thai Meatballs

I was on a chicken kick recently so I started combing through my "chicken" Pinterest board and found a recipe for Vietnamese Chicken Meatballs.  Due to the ingredients I actually had on hand at the time mine turned out to be more of a Thai Meatball.

Thai meatballs

Here's what you'll need:

Thai meatballs
  • 1 pound of ground meat (beef, chicken, or turkey)
  • a generous squeeze of honey
  • a tablespoon of peanut butter
  • a tablespoon of soy sauce
  • a few squirts of Sriracha 
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • a handful of chopped cilantro
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt
  • 3-4 cracks of black pepper
  • 1/4 cup of sugar

Thai meatballs

Mix up everything but the sugar until just combined.

Thai meatballs

Roll into average-sized meatballs.

Thai meatballs

Roll them in sugar (they'll caramelize!) and set on a cookie sheet.
(Tip:  use one with rims, not a flat one, so the juices won't run off)

Thai meatballs

Thai meatballs

Let them come together by sitting in the refrigerator for a half hour.  Then, bake them at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.

Thai meatballs

I added them to some plain noodles--the ones I use for pho--but next time I'll add some kind of peanut sauce!

Thai meatballs

Think of all the things you could pair these with--rolls, soup, salad, pho...how will you use them?

Adi




No comments:

Post a Comment